Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I'm not a big Halloween fan, but there is no denying my penchant for playing dress ups. Or watching other people play dress ups. And I know that sounds kind of creepy, but it's not. Is it? Maybe it is, but I really can't be bothered to care since I'm too distracted by the internal debate I'm having over which would be hotter: Wentworth Miller dressed as Rob Pattinson, or Rob Pattinson dressed as Wentworth Miller.
Yeah.
It's like a twisted sexy mind puzzle; a puzzle because the more you think about it, the harder it is to answer, sexy because of Wentworth Miller, and twisted because anyone who has these kinds of thoughts is clearly in need of some counseling.

Anyway.
I meant to get so much work done today, but in the spirit of Halloween, I decided to take a break and watch Carrie. I have nothing to say about it, really, except that it might be one of the most fantastic movies I've ever seen. Even the part where the jocks go shopping together and buy these hideous 70's tuxedos. Especially the part where the jocks go shopping together and buy these hideous 70's tuxedos.
Also in the spirit of Halloween, I convinced my mum that she needed to buy mini Mars Bars for "all the trick-or-treaters" and then ate them myself. I'm pretty surprised she fell for it, since there are never any trick-or-treaters in Longueville. Like, ever. For us Longuevillians, Halloween isn't about dressing up and receiving junk food from strangers. It's about setting off illegal fireworks, having your house egged, and avoiding the guy who chases kids up and down Kenneth Street with a chainsaw.
Yeah. And I am not even kidding; I never saw him, but I heard a rumour. Maybe it's true. Maybe the guy was just really into Halloween. Or maybe there's been a bonafide serial killer running around Longueville for the past 10 years, and nobody noticed. Hey - it wouldn't be the first time.

And now back to Carrie, because I've had a brilliant thought about it: I think it should be used in the government's next high-school anti-bullying campaign. Brilliant, or what? Think about it! Past promotions haven't exactly been effective, but nothing grabs a teen's attention better than the threat of being set on fire at the school dance. Right? I can see it now:
"Get hit by a car, hosed down, electrocuted and locked inside a burning building as a result of telekenetic power - if you bully others, you're just asking for it."
It's cool, anti-bully-campaign-Australia-people; you can thank me later.

No comments: