Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Apparently my mum is going to be on TV. More specifically, she and her dragonboat team are going to be standing in the background while Tim Bailey does his weather report on the 6:30 news. It's a role that won't likely be nominated for a Golden Globe, but still - being on TV is being on TV. So here is my question:
WHY? WHY, UNIVERSE, WHY? WHY IS IT THE DESTINY OF EVERY LAST MEMBER OF MY FAMILY TO BE ON TV, EXCEPT FOR ME?!
Let's recap, shall we?
Dad - Interviewed on 60 Minutes for some segment about Nephrology.
Mum - Featured in Tim Bailey human interest piece.
Catherine - Multiple television appearances as part of the Wot If? Sydney-to-Hobart yacht raching team.
Jacki - Anything? Anything?? No! The closest I've come is acting out scenes from Prison Break in the living room, which doesn't even count a little bit, because there's nobody watching.
And the worst part is, none of them could care less! Mum doesn't even like Tim Bailey! She makes fun of him! Catherine is totally camera shy, and Dad...well, Dad is such a space cadet most of the time, he probably didn't even realise he was on TV. Still.
I am so bummed out, I'm actually considering filling an old car with joints and cocaine, putting the headlights on high-beam and driving down the Pacific Highway at 140km/h just to get on Highway Patrol. Even then though, they'd probably blur my face out. Also I don't own an old car. And I really wouldn't know where to get any joints, let alone cocaine.
Never mind - there'll be plenty of TV ops once I'm married to Wentworth.

No comments: