Sunday, August 01, 2010

TV, Mel, Pie Charts And My Ability To Love

I am simultaneously amused and horrified by my own addiction to reality TV. I mean on the one hand, when I find myself awake at 2:30 in the morning just so I can tune into the E! Channel and find out whether or not Kim Kardashian's sister will get back together with whatever-his-name-is, I have to question my own sanity. Kim Kardashian's sister? Whatever-his-name-is? How much do I really need to know about these people? It's a sick and twisted comment on society that we spend more time watching other people live their lives than we do actually living our own. Not to mention the fact that the only reason people like the Kardashians are famous is because of their money. And/or their giant asses. Really, when I think about it, I should be ashamed of myself for wasting my time with this crap.
On the other hand though...reality TV is fucking awesome.

Have you guys seen this show Pretty Wild? Oh my goodness. I have no clue who these people are, nor why they're famous, NOR whose insane idea it was to give them their own show (by the way whoever-you-are, I thank you from the bottom of my blackened heart)...but I can say with almost complete sincerety that I have never been more entertained/disgusted by three teenage Hollywood brats and their crazy new-age mother in my life. Why? Well, here's a sample conversation between Mum and Daughter Number One:

Mum: Have you been working out?
Daughter Number One: Yeah! I've been working out alot, and dancing.
Mum: You look amazing.
Daughter Number One: Thanks!
Mum: And no one has breasts like you.
Daughter Number One: Thanks!
(Pause)
Mum: Wanna take some naked photographs?

When I first saw that episode, I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or throw up. In the end I decided to go with a combination of all three. It was unfortunate. Still, you have to admit that conversation is pretty hilarious. Disturbing, yes. Illegal, almost certainly. But hilarious.

On a completely different note, last night I attended the 21st birthday of a very special lady who goes by the name of Mel Amon. Happy belated birthday, Mel! And I love you, even more than I love reality TV.
See? Because if you can't trust a pie chart I made using the 'Kids Zone' website, what the hell can you trust?

No comments: