Friday, February 13, 2009

Family Obligation

Sometimes I get this feeling that the only reason Catherine talks to me is because my parents force her to.

"Catherine, be nice to your sister."

"But Mum, she's a complete moron!"

"I know dear, but it's less awkward if we pretend to like her."

Most of the time, I don't understand - I mean, I'm DELIGHTFUL. Like, once I made Catherine a boat shaped cake, to congratulate her on finishing a sailing regatta. Or there's that time I helped wash her car. And I'm not gonna even tell you how many times I've emptied the dishwasher when it was her turn to.
Whatever.
It's actually pretty fortunate for Catherine that I'm always following her around, since it means she never misses my Funny Moments. Like this little gem, which happened last night:

Catherine and I are watching Alias, more specifically, the scene where everyone goes to Vaughn's funeral.
Oh. Um. Spoiler Alert.
So like 6 guys are carrying the casket out of the church, and I go

'Man. Vaughn is so hot - it should have been Open Casket.'

Oh, yeah - I forgot to say. With me, 'Funny Moments' and 'Incredibly Offensive Moments' often cross over. Whatever. It was still funny.

No comments: