Sunday, June 06, 2010

We Have Sex With Our Ponytails!

Well howdy there.

I know it's been like a week since I updated, but still. Not much to post about today. Except for the fact that I think this might be the best photograph I have ever taken:

Or that anyone has ever taken. And they say I'M the crazy one in our family?
Anyway.
I realise you guys are probably sick of these by now, but between sleeping and trips to the dentist I don't spend much time anywhere else...so who wants to hear another 'Jacki Messed Up At Work And It Was Hilarious' story?
The day was Wednesday. The time was mid-afternoon. And I'd just been asked to put a toner through some woman's hair. For those of you who don't have experience in the glamorous world of apprentice hairdressing, toner is a conditioner-like cream that we apply after foils or highlights to neutralise the difference between the new colour and the natural colour of the hair. You can either mix it yourself, or use Colour Fresh, which is pre-mixed and comes in a yellow bottle. There's 3 kinds of Colour Fresh: one for blondes, one for redheads and one for dark brunettes. Get it?
You get it.
Anyway, since I'd had a pretty incident-free day, when I was asked to do the toner, I took it upon myself to choose which one to apply. At random, I chose Colour Fresh 12/13. For dark brunettes.
My client was blonde.
Needless to say, I don't think 'murky purple' was the colour she asked for. And with good reason. I am an idiot.

Speaking of idiots...James Cameron. That was a terrible segue, but I don't really care. I'm watching Avatar right now, and starting to take back some of the shit I said about it around Oscar-season. It's not so bad. Sure it's long, it's predictable and it's an obvious rip-off of Pocahontas, but I think my real problem is with James Cameron. That, and the whole we-have-sex-with-our-ponytails thing. Coz that's just weird.

No comments: