Friday, January 29, 2010

Rain Swollen River - Ha!

You might be wondering why I've been blogging so much as of late. Well, I've got nothing going on in my life for one thing. And for another, I'm going to Lord Howe Island on monday - and when I do, you'll all be without me for 10 whole days.
Except for Julia, who wont be able to get rid of me for 10 whole days.
Yeah...good luck Julia.
Anyway, I'm basically just posting a whole lot of crap to tide you guys over until my return. Don't read it all at once, y'all!
Of course I am joking. You should read it, read it all, read it all right this second. I'll be pretty flippin' angry if you don't. Even angrier than I am at myself right now for just using the word y'all and thinking I could get away with it.

Apparently these four firefighters in America are being hailed as total heroes after rescuing a dog from a rain swollen river in Los Angeles. We'll get to the firefighters in a sec, but first I'd just like to take a moment to appreciate the phrase rain swollen river.
Because it is hilarious.
I don't know why. I don't care why. I just love it - and if that makes me a crazy person, I am more than willing to deal.
Now, the firefighters. Kudos to them, but I don't really understand. Who called them? There was no fire! There was a dog and a helicopter and a river. Surely this is a job for the coast guard? Anyway. The best part of the whole story is that when the dude (after flying over the river and being lowered into it with what I'm assuming was some sort of canine-harness) finally got to the dog, it started mauling him. Ha! I'm not even kidding - he had to go to the hospital and everything! And I gotta say, after seeing a photo of said dog, I'm kind of not surprised. God and everyone else knows I love puppies, but maybe they should have left this one in the river:Okay, kidding. That's not the dog. The real dog is scarier:
Green eyes?? Those are the dogs they breed in hell!
By the way, I am so glad I used Google Images to find those photos. This is the funniest thing I have seen in my life:

No comments: