Monday, February 22, 2010

The Curse Of The Winter Olympics

I think these Winter Olympics in Canada are cursed.
Before we talk about that though, can I just say how much I'm loving that there's a team of snowboarders who all wear flannel shirts? Ha!
What are they, The Lumberjack Team?
Actually no, they're Americans. I just found out. I hope their team captain doesn't fly down here and punch me in the face after reading this. I was only kidding, dude! And I think lumberjacks are hot!
Anyway, this curse. Yeah, I think the Winter Olympics are cursed. Wanna know what the curse is? Me. I am the curse. Here's why:
Every time I sit down to watch an event, someone falls over. Crashes. Stacks it. Face plants. Whatever you wanna call it, I'm not kidding. Every single time. So far, I've killed the dreams of 2 figure skaters, a snowboarder, a speed skater, some chick on the luge, an alpine skier - and as of this morning - the Canadian Ice Hockey team. Oh my gosh. I thought maybe the first 6 were coincidental, but a whole ice hockey team?
Somebody stop me!

On a completely different note, I'm thinking of doing a little something in the next couple of weeks to celebrate turning 18 for the third time. What days are good for people? You're all invited.

No comments: