Friday, June 05, 2009

The Wolf Creek Theory

Oh my gosh, I did it again.
Another Nobel-Peace-Prize-Winning theory.
Ok, maybe not Winning.
But definitely Deserving.
Whatever, not important.

Here is my theory: I, JACKI TREW, AM NO LONGER AFRAID OF SCARY MOVIES.
...
This might seem kind of stupid and irrelevant and not at all important enough to create a theory about, but to anyone who knows me it's not.
Because anyone who knows me knows that I am probably the most scare-able person in the country. On the planet. I daresay, in THE UNIVERSE. I mean it. I am. I really am. I mean, I got scared watching Finding Nemo!
Alright, no I didn't.
Still, you get the picture.
BUT.
Like 3 weeks ago, I watched Wolf Creek, at night, all by myself - and I wasn't afraid.
AT ALL!
Huh, I thought.
That was kind of weird. Especially since the first time I watched Wolf Creek I got so scared that I died a little inside.
Anyway, earlier I was flipping through the TV Guide, and I noticed that Saw 4 is playing on Movie One tonight. Excellent! It's the perfect chance to test The Wolf Creek Theory. If I can sit through Saw 4 (which doesn't start til midnight) all by myself and not get scared, I'll know that:
a) I'm no longer afraid of scary movies, and
b) I just doubled my chances of winning The Nobel Peace Prize
And if my theory turns out to be incorrect and I spend the night pointlessly scaring the crap out of myself...well, at least I'll have something to blog about!

No comments: