Friday, June 05, 2009

Susanne Somers hates me!

Alright, before you get too excited, I'm not talking about the real Susanne Somers.
I don't know her.
Not yet, anyway.
I'm talking about my old boss from Blue Illusion, also known (during my time as an employee there) as The Illusion, B.I, and more commonly, That Hellhole In Which I Am Forced To Fold Jumpers For Hours And Hours On End.
Ok so the other day I was wandering aimlessly around Lane Cove, which I like to do on my spare days, both on account of the fact that there's always the off chance I'll find enough change in my pockets to buy an icecream from Zest, and well, Lane Cove is just awesome.
Am I right, Kiera?
I'm right.
Right?
So anyway, I was wandering towards Cove Variety (because who doesn't love a good half-hour rummage through the worlds oldest 2 dollar shop?) and I saw this woman staring at me weirdly.
And not weirdly in a good way.
Weirdly in a bad way.
Like, I don't want to make assumptions, but it kind of looked like she wanted to kill me.
Whoa, ok. So my first thought is how to get away from this woman as quickly as possible. And my second thought is "Hey...I think I know her!"
So I turned around to get a second glance, noticed that she was heading towards Blue Illusion and that's when I realised BLUE ILLUSION + WOMAN I RECOGNISE = OH, MY GOSH. IT'S MY OLD BOSS.
Umm. Yeah.
What I couldn't figure out was the death-stare she gave me. I mean, it's not like we parted on bitter terms or anything. At first I thought it might have been because, ok, Blue Illusion is where I worked before I went overseas last year, and, well... I might have kind of sort of left it to the last minute before I quit.
But it wasn't that bad! It went something like this:

(Phone rings)
Jacki: Hello?
My Boss: Hey Jacki, it's Magda. I'm just calling to tell you your roster for this week, okay?
Jacki: Oh you know what, I'm actually going overseas this week, so...
My Boss: Overseas? Really? What day?
Jacki: Um...Tomorrow.

Ok, so it was pretty bad.
But it couldn't have been that terrible, because she gave me my job back when I got home!!
So, I don't know. And it can't have anything to do with me being a bad employee, because I totally wasn't. I don't wanna brag or anything, but I folded the crap out of those jumpers!
Well, whatever.
If she really wants to kill me, she can just join the club*.

*The Club:
  • Ivan Milat
  • Catherine Trew
  • Emily Shanahan
  • Richard O'Brien
  • Anyone who has ever heard me sing

No comments: