Tuesday, April 07, 2009

When did MTV get so lame?

So, I watched the repeat of the MTV awards the other night.
...
Here is a question for you: when did MTV get so lame? Honestly. It was terrible. Just terrible. It was so painful, I couldn't even get through the whole thing. And it only went for an hour and a half! I've had showers that lasted longer than that!!!
First of all, it was hosted by Pete Wentz. Which wouldn't have been so bad, except that he kept bringing Ashlee Simpson up onto the stage, and making out with her. Alot. ALOT. It felt like I was intruding on their wedding night or something.
Also, since it was the Australian MTV awards, and we're totally isolated from the rest of the world, Pete and Ashlee were pretty much the only celebrities that turned up. I'm not even kidding. Did anyone else see it? They had fans come up and accept the trophies on behalf of whoever had won.
The only saving grace of the whole thing was when they cut to Kings of Leon playing live in New Zealand, and I saw my friend Megan on TV.
Mmm....I love seeing people I know on TV.
Speaking of seeing people I know on TV and loving it, the other day when I turned on the TV to watch The Tyra Show, I saw myself. And I loved it.
Granted, it was only for a split second, and all you could see was the left side of my face...still, I'm pretty sure its enough to secure me a lead role in Wentworth's next movie.

No comments: