Saturday, April 18, 2009

Prison Break, fabric shopping and how I broke my hand

Ok, so here's something you won't care about unless you're Damo Hanigan:
PRISON BREAK IS BACK!
It's back baby, and it's got back. At least, Wentworth does. That probably didn't make sense. Whatever.

Anyway, I can't say how good it feels to watch a fresh episode of Prison Break again. Even if its the fifth last episode of the season - AND EVER!!
Oh, yeah - some idiot cancelled Prison Break. So there ar
e only (not counting today's episode) four episodes left. You all know what that means; expect a tearful phone call from me in about a month.
Weird.

Blogger spells cancelled with only one L. Hmm.

Anyway, this episode had pretty much everything, as most Prison Break episodes do. I swear, its like watching all three Mission Impossible movies on fast-forward. There was back-stabbing, murder, explosions, sexual tension, pizza...my only complaint
is that Michael and Sara didn't make out at all, but that doesn't bother me so much anymore since I bought every episode on DVD - now I can skip to all the makeout scenes and play them in slow-mo whenever I want. Suck it, bitches.

Ok so the other day I decided I should really get a move on all the holiday assessments I got from college. Ha, alright, when I said assessmentS, I was lying. Its assessmenT. As in, there is only one. But everyone already hates me for having four weeks of holidays - I was only trying to downplay the awesomness that is my school. I guess that failed. Oh well. Anyway for part of the project, I have to go and collect 20 different fabric samples. So the other day I coerced Catherine into driving me to Spotlight and helping me pick some out. Haha. I love coercing Catherine into doing things - and not just because I love saying the word coercing.
Basically, this was how the Spotlight expedition went down:

Ha. Check out my paint skills.
Anyway, it was totally fun. I ran around picking out like a dillion roles of fabric, and then I made Catherine carry them all. And yes - because I know you're all wondering - yes, people stared. Some pointed.
One laughed.

I love it.


On a completely unrelated note, I think its possible that I may have broken my hand. Let me explain; yesterday I decided to make a pencil case. I got the sewing machine out of the cupboard, and when I went to put it on the table, I wasn't watching, so it fell over sideways, and landed on my hand.
This might not have been so bad, if we owned one of those new-fangled sewing machines made out of plastic.
But no. Our sewing machine is old. So old. So very old. I'm pretty sure its the same sewing machine they used to make Marie Antoinette's wedding dress. And I don't know what its made out of, but...well, it sure isn't plastic. My whole hand is purple. And swollen - really swollen. It looks like an inflated dishwashing glove.
So now I have a rubber-glove-hand, an assessment to finish, and no pencil case.

Oh well. At least I have Prison Break!!!

No comments: