Thursday, April 02, 2009

Another childhood memory gone wrong

Ok, just before, I was looking through my old jewellery box. As you do, on a rainy wednesday night. Anyway, this is the jewellery box I used when I was like six, so you know its full of crap. Do you know what kind of jewellery six-year-olds wore in the 90's? Every piece is more deliciously tacky than the last. Proof? Have a look at what I found:
Hmmm. Yeah. Ok...
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure...thats a cannabis leaf, right?
Cannabis, as in the psychoactive drug?
So here's my question: How did this happen? How did I NOT notice I was wearing drug paraphernalia? No, actually: how did NO ONE ELSE not notice I was wearing drug paraphernalia? Like, um, my PARENTS?
Or maybe they did notice, and didn't say anything. You know, for a laugh. Actually the more I think about it, the more that seems totally possible. It probably went something like this:

Mum: So did you see that necklace Jacki was wearing?
Dad: No, why?
Mum: Well, its got a cannabis leaf on it. Do you think I should tell her to take it off?
Dad: Hell no! That's hilarious!

Thanks, Dad. You're getting the necklace for Father's day.

No comments: