Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm watching this movie at the moment about Matthew McConaughey fighting dragons.
...
It doesn't really make much sense but when I read the description in the TV Guide* and saw that a) It starred Matthew McConaughey and b) It was set in England, I decided I had to watch it because I wanted to see Matthew McConaughey attempt a British accent.
Unfortunately I was dissapointed, whoever directed the movie decided he could keep his Southern drawl. They did make him go bald though, and his head is a pretty funny shape under all those greasy curls, so that almost made up for the lack of crappy accents.
I love it when actors attempt accents and fail.
Seriously.
The only reason I watched Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen that second time was so I could see Adam Garcia trying to be a Liverpool Rockstar again. Hilarious.


* Am I the only one who reads the TV Guide anymore? I'm starting to wonder why they even include it in the newspaper anymore, since Foxtel Digital made that On-TV-Program-Guide thingie. Whatever. I'm still loyal to the TV Guide, and not just because I love flipping through looking for pictures of Wentworth that I can cut out and stick on my mirror. Yes. Yes, I do that.

No comments: