Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Welcome Home Gemmy!!

So, Gemma got home from America today.
Hooray! Huzzah! H...appy days!
I don't think I've ever been more excited, except for maybe the time Julia and I saw Beyonce, or when they came out with a new flavour of Mother.
But, yeah, great day. Even despite the fact that I was crudely awakened by the sound of my alarm clock this morning, and had to drag myself out of bed and into Elle's car and drive (well, get driven) to the airport, all before 6:30am (6:30 am. Like, my usual bedtime). It was worth it, just to see Gemma's sweet mug for the first time in 3 and a half months. Oh, and also because the whole process of getting to the airport/finding the right terminal/waiting for Gemma might just have been the funniest experience of my life:

(Entering the airport)
Ellen: So does anyone know which terminal she's arriving in?
Em and Jacki: Nope
Ellen: Her flight number?
Em and Jacki: Nope
Ellen: Okay how about where she's flying in from?
Em: Oh! Oh! I know! America!
Jacki: Yeah but where in America? I mean, it's a pretty big place, right?

Haha. Right? We sound so smart. Oh, and like really great friends, too:

(Sitting in the terminal)
Ellen: How long has it been?
Em: Like...
Jacki: 20 minutes?
Em: Longer than that!
Jacki: Really?
Ellen: I could have slept in!
Em: And I need to pee!
Jacki: If she's not here in 20 minutes, we're just taking a random home.

Don't worry, we didn't actually kidnap any randoms from the airport - we came pretty close, but Gem turned up just in time to stop us. Anyway, then we drove home and cooked bacon and eggs, watched Buffy while wearing Hooters t-shirts, debated the pros and cons of sleeping naked, marvelled over the fact that we were:
a) Awake before 10 in the morning
b) Eating a proper cooked breakfast
c) Actually dressed while doing so
Huh?? Huh?? That's like the trifecta!! I don't think I've ever hit that before!! I felt so grown up for a moment. Then somebody made a joke about chocolate vaginas, and I turned back into a teenager. Oh well.

So all in all, it was shaping up to be a pretty kick-ass day...until I got home and developed the worst head-ache known to man, which I'm not going to talk about because I don't want to poison this otherwise delightful post - except to say that it feels like a thousand miniature elephants are living inside my skull, and they're all taking a dump at the same time.
Oh, yeah. Ouch.

No comments: