Sunday, September 06, 2009

Is Black Hawk Down the best movie EVER?

So today, when I was done lying on the bathroom floor wrapped around the toilet (more about that later), I decided to watch Black Hawk Down.
Which isn't really so weird, I guess. What's weird is that, before today, I'd never seen Black Hawk Down.
I don't know why. It seems to be one of those movies that everyone has seen. You know, like Love Actually. Or Grease. Oh man, I love Grease. Anyway I'm totally dev that I hadn't seen it before now, because here's something I learned while watching Black Hawk Down:

Black Hawk Down is the best movie EVER
Well, alright. That's a pretty dramatic thing to say. So maybe it's not the best movie ever (I mean it's pretty hard to compete against stuff like Moulin Rouge and Tropic Thunder, and you know the only way Dirty Dancing will get knocked out of first place is if someone actually makes a film about Wentworth and I getting married) but still.
I was suitable impressed. And not just because the entire cast seemed to be made up of my own personal former celebrity crushes. Let's recap, shall we?
  • Orlando Bloom
  • Eric Bana
  • Ewan McGregor
  • Josh Harnett
  • That guy from Fantastic Four

Oh, AND William Fichner, who I love because he has totally crazy eyes, and because he was in Prison Break with My One And Only.
So, add all of that to the fact that there's gunfire and explosions AND hilarious haircuts, and you've got yourself a pretty kick-ass movie. But I decided to upgrade it from kick-ass to best movie EVER? because right in the middle, I had this epiphany:

Wentworth Miller knows William Fichtner
William Fichtner
knows Eric Bana
Eric Bana knows Jacki Trew

Right? Right??
The moment I formed that connection...well, I honestly wish you all could have been there. It was explosively insane. Even by my standards.

No comments: