Monday, March 15, 2010

Sharks, Scientists, A Rat Orgy and Some Sort Of Liver

So last night, in continuing with the theme of "It's My Birthday Week And I Get To Do At Least One Awesome Thing Per Day", I went out to dinner with Elle, Madi and Gem. I also saw Dear John at the movies, but since it wasn't awesome, I'm not going to talk about it. Except to say this: Dear John is the biggest piece of shit I have seen at the movies this year.
Now, back to dinner. Which with Elle is always fun because she has this weird ability to talk me into eating stuff I normally wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole. I'm pretty sure I ate duck liver last night. Or maybe it was cow liver. Chicken liver? Pig? Human? Whatever it was, I'm still disturbed by how much I liked it.

Anyway.

One of the best things (I mean, apart from the whole human liver fiasco) about this place we went was that it was in The Rocks - and anyone who's ever been to The Rocks in their life will know that it's famous for 3 main things:
1) Cobbled streets
2) The markets
3) Rat orgys

I am kidding of course; nobody gives a shit about those first two. It's all about the rat sex. Okay, no, now I'm kidding. But we seriously saw like 10 rats crawling under the same door into the same bathroom. AND NONE OF THEM CAME BACK OUT. What were they doing in there, if it wasn't having a mass orgy? Nothing I wanna know about!
Then, as if the night couldn't get any better...after dessert (raspberry sorbet and a chocolate tart so yum I wanted to lay down in a bed of it and roll around), we went back to Elle and Mischa's to watch Deep Blue Sea, which everyone knows is pretty much my favourite Wild-Animals-Gone-On-A-Crazed-Human-Killing-Frenzy-Thanks-To-Interference-By-Hot-Scientists movie ever. The best part (since by this time it was almost 1 in the morning and we'd all had a couple glasses of wine) was the commentary. Like when Hot Scientist #1 is getting mauled by a shark -

Jacki: Look, look, he's about to get mauled!
Pause
Ellen: (Whispering) I love it when the red comes.

Ha. See? Awesome.
On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know how to properly pronounce Demi Moore's name? Is the emphasis on 'de' or 'mi', because I've heard it said both ways. I don't really care, I just think I should know in case she comes over for dinner or something.
That's all!

No comments: