Thursday, April 29, 2010

Howdy, Planet Earth.
Long time no blog, huh?

Today was a slow one at work. One of those days that are so slow, you end up looking around and seeing shit you'd never notice ordinarily. Like this old lady I saw sitting opposite me at the library on my lunch break, who I swear to God was either asleep, unconcious or dead. Literally. I didn't know whether to tap her on the shoulder or call triple zero. In the end I went with my gut feeling and did nothing. I sincerely hope I don't find her sitting in the same seat tomorrow.
Anyway.
I haven't had time to blog about this yet, but last weekend was probably one of the funniest I have had in a while. The original plan - for an innocent Beverly Hills 90210 marathon at Ellen and Mischa's new apartment - somehow turned into a night of jello shots, card games, midnight runs to Woolworths, disco music and a new favourite activity of mine that I like to call "dancing with Jane du Toit while wearing a camp light on my head and rapping to Amii Stewart".
I'm looking forward to a repeat this Saturday night.
Then on Sunday morning we reconvened (is that a word?) to eat McDonald's and watch Buffy. Or to be more specific, The Episode Of Buffy Guest-Starring A 20-Something-Year-Old Wentworth Miller. Or to be even MORE specific, Jacki Trew Having An Orgasm. Bliss. It was so good I still had a smile on my face the next morning at work.
Speaking of work, I gotta get to it in about 8 hours, so this is all I've got time for. With any luck there won't be as much of a gap between this and my next blog. But just in case, here is something hilarious to tide you over:

No comments: