Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Naked at netball

So in the middle of our netball game tonight, my skirt decided to fall off.
Brilliant!
I love being half naked in front of 20 or so middle-aged women I've never met.
Alright, that's a lie. I don't love it. Still, I've ended up half-naked in front of a group of strangers so many times now, I can't help but laugh when it happens.
The best part about this particular incident, was that for some reason, I felt the need to announce it to my opposing player. Who just gave me this look like 'Well, what do you want me to do about it?' and remarked "Oh...yeah, that happened to me once."
Thanks for the help, lady! Although really, what did I want her to do about it?
The second best part about this particular incident is that it took me literally 10 minutes to get the skirt back on. After struggling for the first 30 seconds, I ran over to Issy, who was standing on the sideline trying desperately not to laugh at me, and asked her if we could change.
...
Here's where things went from bad to worse. See, when I said 'change', I meant change positions. As in, Issy would come on and play Wing Defence in my place, and I would slink off to the bathrooms and attempt to settle down enough to put my skirt back on. Thus, I took my WD bib off. Meanwhile, Issy, making the incorrect assumption that my skirt clasp was actually broken, and I was requesting that we change outfits, had begun taking off her own skirt, so I could put it on.
Oh, man.
Needless to say, the rest of our team, the opposing team, both the umpires and the handful of spectators that had shown up were very much entertained by the sight of two red-faced giggling teenage girls hurriedly undressing in the middle of a netball game.
So on the minus side, everyone saw my undies tonight.
On the plus side, though...well, they were nice undies.

No comments: