Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mel Amon - A Dedication

Here's a post dedicated to the lovely Miss Mel Amon for her twentieth birthday.

Mel.
Mel.
Mel might be the coolest person I know. She's loud and funny and beautiful and makes really good brownies. I mean it. Those things are amazing. My arteries are clogging right now just thinking about them. Ohhh baby.
Mel is my favourite person to go shopping with. She knows where all the good op shops are, plus she has this talent for finding really fantastic jeans. It's really handy, especially for people whose legs are so hideously short that finding jeans which actually fit is pretty much impossible, like me.
Mel has great hair. It's brown. And long. And she has a fringe. And she cuts it herself. She cut my hair once. I remember it well. We were eating chocolate and sitting on towels and Julia was watching in the background looking very nervous and I remember thinking Mel was probably the only person I would trust to cut my hair for me.
Apart from an actual hairdresser, I mean. Though I don't trust all of them - especially the ones who hold unwarranted grudges against me *COUGH* Wendy from the Greenwich hairdresser *COUGH*. Anyway, that's not the point.
Mel and I have nicknames for each other. Hers is Vagina Geldoff. Geldoff because her little brother Cameron once made out with Bob Geldoff's youngest daughter, and Vagina because, well, Vagina is just a funny word. Mine is Mitchell Potter. I don't exactly know why, but I think it has something to do with the fact that Harry Potter and our Ancient History teacher Miss Mitchell are both legends.
Yeah. Yeah, that must be it.
What else? Let's see.
Mel has introduced me to heaps of cool stuff over the years, like The OC and Damien Rice and Light n Tangy chips. And key lime pie. And Black Forest chocolate! Mel loves food. Well, of course she does, she's a Roseville girl.
Mel and I have good times. Great times. Grand times. I've got heaps of stories about Mel. My favourite is probably this one time when we were at her house and we made toffee, only instead of putting it in patty pans like you're supposed to, we poured it onto a dinner plate so it dried all flat and round. Like a sort of 'Toffee Frisbee', if you can imagine. Anyway we ate a bit, but it was kind of gross, so we threw it out the window and it landed on her cats back.
And got stuck there.
Ha! That was awesome.
Mel likes painting. And Seattle. And shopping. And Hannah Montana. And heaps of other stuff too.
There are probably a thousand other things I could tell you about Mel, but I won't, because I think you should just go and get to know her yourself. Because she. Is. Awesome.
So yes.
Happy Birthday woman! I love you. I love you, I love you, I love you.
More than Wentworth Miller (and I don't say that to just anyone).

No comments: