Wednesday, April 25, 2007

anzac day

anzac day today, and in the true spirit of mateship, loyalty, courage and all that stuff, catherine and i had another argument which i thought i should tell you about

(standing at the lane cove anzac day service)
jacki: (whispering) Hey, who are the people that march in this parade?
catherine: Like the boy scouts?
jacki: No, i mean like, usually there are old people
catherine: Yeah, its the people that fought in the war
jacki: But havent they all died? It was like world war one
catherine: (laughing) World war two idiot!
jacki: (confused) No, anzac day is world war one
catherine: No it isnt (still laughs)
jacki: Yes it is, its about Gallipoli. You look like the biggest fool now.
catherine: Yeah...
jacki: Which was world war one! I think I would know! I've been trying to prevent my head from exploding because of it, for the last two weeks!
catherine: What?
jacki: Modern
catherine: No, Im saying that the world war two people are marching for the world war one people
jacki: What?
catherine: Because they're all dead!
jacki: I know! IM the one that said that!
catherine: No you didnt!
jacki: What?!
catherine: You suck!
jacki: Mum, is anzac day world war one or two?
mum: Well it celebrates both, but it started in world war one
jacki and catherine: HA!
jacki: What are you ha-ing at, I won!
catherine: No you didnt, I did!
jacki: No, I was saying that anzac day is originally world war one
catherine: No, you were saying that all the world war one people were dead!
jacki: I thught you said I didnt say that!
catherine: Whatever. I was saying that the world war two people march for them
jacki: No you werent!! You were saying that anzac day started in world war two!!
catherine: Whatever. you lose.
jacki: No i dont!!

...
OHMIGOSH..
fool

5 comments:

Julia Ba Gulia said...

every time you guys fight i die a little inside

like the time at the train station im just like no no no stop stop stop


sdlkjasdhklajh

but usually you are the one in the right ;)

xxx

Anonymous said...

Jacki,
Its Alex K - I must say that I totally agree with you - Anzac Day honours the Australian and New Zealanders who fought at Gallopili on the 25th of April 1915. It remembers the 20,000 or so ANZAC casualties on that day as well as the beginning of Australia's involvement in the war, and the beginning of the ANZAC legend.
Today, we celebrate the effort of Austrlian Troops in both World Wars and thank them for their bravery and courage in fighting for our country so that we can enjoy the life that we live today. World War 2 Veterins march in the Anzac Day marches as Anzac Day has become a day of rememberance for all those lost in war - including WW2 as many who fought in WW2 had parents, uncles ect. fighting in WWI. All WW1 Veterins have passed away but that doesn't mean that their work should as well.
However, you should not have been arguing at the march! It shows disrespect.
I was going to go to the march but then decided to sleep instead because I had exams.
What happened at the train station?Alex

Anonymous said...

oh jacki jacki

you make me laugh. way to much.
this is rachel by the way.
im creepy stalking you.

Anonymous said...

heckchewally...anzac day doesn't celebrate anything...it is a day of rememberance for the poor naive and innocent..well sort of innocent soldiers who died at Galipolli and other sundry places because of the insane orders of their commanding officers who told them to go and get killed..well that is the bottom line really...oh and by the way chaps..if u get the opportunity to knock of a couple of the baddies whilst u are getting killed.. well have a go eh...can u actually ban me or block my IP address..I hope u dont but if u think I am a threat then u can kill me too ok....

Jacki Trew... said...

what the