Saturday, August 29, 2009

WARNING: The following blog is the result of a massive caffeine overdose

Okay, you know what makes me mad?
When the bottom of the strawberry punnet doesn't have holes in it.
Oh. My gosh. It makes me CRAZY!!! Because anyone who's anyone knows that before you eat a strawberry, you have to wash it. Otherwise who knows what you could be eating - Pesticides? Insect feces? Essence of swine flu??? ANYTHING!!
So yeah, you have to wash the strawberries before you eat them. Which I am totally cool with, by the way.
EXCEPT when there aren't any holes in the bottom of the punnet.
See, the easiest way to wash the strawberries is all at once - leave them in the box, and fill it with water. They'll all be washed at the same time, and the water drains out the bottom through these handy little holes. Simple, easy, effective.
EXCEPT when there aren't any holes in the bottom of the punnet.
Because then, instead of letting the water drain out the bottom, you have to tip it upside down, let the water drain, and try to keep the strawberries from falling out ALL AT THE SAME TIME!
It's crazy! CRAZY!!! Like these strawberries I had today. Strawberries from Noosa. What, they think just because they're from Noosa, they don't have to put holes in the bottom of their strawberry punnets? Huh? Huh?
Well guess what?? THEY DO! Because when they don't, it makes me want to gouge out my own eyes and feed them to a pack of rabid dogs.
Huh. Right, okay, no. That might be a bit dramatic. But it's still annoying! Those Noosa strawberry makers need to either put holes in the bottom of their punnets, or make sure the strawberries are pre-washed when I get them. I don't know how they'd do that, but hey - they figured out how to grow strawberries, so I'm sure they can think of something.
Alright, I'm done. End of rant.
For now.

No comments: