Wednesday, May 06, 2009

She shoots, she fails

Ok so if there was any glimmer of hope that I had retained some of the talent for shooting I had in high school - and I mean, lets be honest, there wasn't even much talent back then - it's officially gone after tonight's game.
I mean.
Really.
I would love to watch myself play netball, just to get a laugh.
Speaking of netball, what is with all the other teams in our competition? We're the ONLY ones who talk. Or laugh. Or cheer. Or BREATHE!.
No, only kidding. The other teams do breathe. Well I mean, I'm pretty sure they do.
But seriously. Playing netball in silence is creepy. It's way too intense. That's why I like to counteract the absence of noise by yelling stupid stuff out from the sidelines:
AFTER KIERA GETS A GOAL:
Jacki: I like you Kiera!!
AFTER ISSY INTERCEPTS A PASS:
Jacki: Oh. Um. YAY!
AFTER ANYTHING HAPPENS:
Jacki: GO SCORGASMS!
(ok, so technically our team name is The Panthers, but I'll always think of us as The Multiple Scorgasms)

And it's even more fun when I have someone else to do it with me. Tonight, that person was Jen. It went like this:
AFTER JULIA REACHES TO INTERCEPT A PASS:
Jen: Good arms, Julia!
pause
Jacki: Great arms, Julia (winks)

Ha.
Haha.
Oh, speaking of Julia...Here's what I love about Julia (among other things).
She has this face. I call it The Face Of Defeat. I see it alot during netball games - I don't know why, I mean, we are such a good team. Anyway, here's what it looks like:

Only, you know. Much prettier. My paint skills just arent sharp enough to handle Julia's face.
You know who else had a great face at netball tonight? Lucy. Hi Lucy! Because I know you read my blog, see?
Anyway, there was this moment where Lucy was running for the ball, and her face was so focused, so furious, so red with exertion. I loved it. I loved it so much. It was absolutely my play of the day. Or, rather, night. I would draw it, but I have a feeling I would just end up offending not only Lucy, but the entire female population. It's not that your face was ugly, Luce! Like I said about Julia: my paint skills just aren't strong enough to handle your chisled features.

No comments: