Friday, May 23, 2008

my mother, the bully

can i just ask..
when did it become acceptable for my mum to make fun of me?
hello! shes my mum!
...
IM supposed to be making fun of HER.

and ill admit, i do write the occasional blog about how out of touch with pop culture she is...but its all in good fun!
not like what happened today:

walking up the front path to our house this afternoon...
jacki: (looking in the mailbox and seeing it is empty) Oh..did you collect the mail already?
mum: yep
jacki: and there was nothing for me?
mum: no, nothing
jacki: oh. sad.
mum: what, its not like you ever get mail anyway

...um....
OFFENDED!

and then later on:

while i was in my room, updating my resume and listening to a little ZZ Top...
mum: (opening the door and pausing) I swear, you have the worst taste in music of anyone i know
jacki: excuse me? You're the one who listens to Andre Boccelli!!
mum: Andre Boccelli is a classic, not like this stuff. I already lived through the 80's once, please dont make me do it again.

BURN!
well then! ill show her, i thought to myself.
so ive been playing Styx and Michael Jackson for the last hour, and i just filled out an online application for a flybys card - WE'LL SEE WHO GETS ALL THE MAIL NOW, MUM!!!

No comments: