Saturday, April 02, 2011

I woke up feeling a bit crook this morning so I'm home from work.  Lame.  I know the 'lame' comment sounds weird and a bunch of you probably want to kick my teeth out for complaining about having a day off (yes, Mother, I'm talking to you), but here's the thing:
Having a sick day is not the same as having a day off.  Right?  Yes.  You know it's true because it's in bold.  On my day off, I can:
  • Shop
  • Go to the movies
  • Drive to the beach
  • Have coffee with a mate
  • Dance up a storm in my living room
  • Dance up a storm in someone else's living room
  • Dance up a storm in my front yard
  • Dance up a storm in someone else's front yard
I do what I want is basically what I'm trying to say.  But on a sick day?  On a sick day, I can:
  • Be sick
And blog, I guess, but I'm not even doing it very well.  I'm saving all my good material for the book.  That is a lie, I just suck at blogging today.  I got nothing.  Here is the best photo I have seen in my life:
Some client bought their kid into work the other day, and he asked me what my favourite animal was.  I really don't have a favourite so I just said the first animal that came to mind - giraffe.  And damn, I'm so glad that I did.  The best part about this picture is that I got it off a website which is basically some guy ranting about how the theory of evolution is a crock of shit and anyone who looks at a giraffe and says 'evolution did that!' is worth less than a bag of sour dicks.  He didn't actually use those words, but I've always wanted people to be able to find my blog by Googling 'bag of sour dicks', and now they can.  Maybe this day isn't so bad after all.

No comments: