Thursday, September 13, 2007

home and away

is my absolute obsession with 'crappy' tv shows a genetic thing? my mum and catherine were both out so me and dad decided to have dinner and watch home and away together. just for kicks.

(during an add break)
dad: so, why didnt Sally want to marry Brad?
jacki: (amazed) you know the character names???
dad: we've been watching for almost 10 minutes
jacki: (thinking to self) wow, he's good..
dad: so how come?
jacki: well, Sally was married to Flynn, but he died of melanoma. And Brad was married to Emily, and she died of Luekemia. For some reason, Brad was ok with getting married again but Sally felt like if she married someone else she'd be 'erasing' the memory of Flynn
dad: so both of their previous partners died?
jacki: yeah
dad: what did they die of?
jacki: I just told you, melanoma and leukemia
dad: gee. thats so tragic!
jacki: (thinking: did he just say 'gee'??) Yeah I guess. alot of people die on home and away
dad: hmm
jacki: oh look its back on

(during the next add break)
dad: So whats happening with Jack and Martha?
jacki: well they have to get marriage counseling because they want to get divorced but they were only married for 6 months
dad: why do they want a divorce?
jacki: mainly because Jack is engaged to someone else
dad: (sounding shocked) really?
jacki: (sounding bored) yes. really
dad: and why did they get a divorce?
jacki: well Jack's a policeman so he was always working, and Martha got tired of it. Also, they argue about everything
dad: thats so sad!
jacki: Yeah I loved them together
dad: (sounding genuinely upset) Do you think they'll ever work it out??
jacki: I think so, theyre meant to be together
dad: (practically on the verge of tears) Its just so..so sad!
jacki: Dad I never thought I'd hear myself saying this, but you do know its just a tv show, right??
dad: (annoyed) That doesnt mean its not sad!!
jacki: ok ok. geez

(a couple of minutes later)
dad: do you like it when guys dont shave their face?
jacki: OH. MY GOSH.
dad: I mean, half the guys on this show have 4 days of growth on their face.
jacki: (extremely weirded out) Um..I dont really have a preference
dad: oh ok. I was just wondering you know (Dan comes onto the screen) So..you like that guy? (winks)
jacki: I'm leaving
dad: (cheerfully) Ok, I'll tell you what happens!


...
...
WHAT THE HELL!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha *feels the awkwardness*
ha i ate it wen parents say crap like that and ur like ugh *wants to die*
xx case

Anonymous said...

haha yeah.

if you ever feel awkward though, just think.

at least ur mum didn't say "come on beth.. repeat after me! CONDOMS ARE MY BEST FRIEND!!"

*dies*

Anonymous said...

Wow Jacki..you have soooo much growing up to do...first of all, your Dad was trying very hard to relate to you...point missed I guess...secondly, he kept trying....thirdly...one day he will die and you will feel like shit bcos of it...you should be ashamed of yourself...and these pathetic comments suck even worse...get a grip kid...show this half sucked world that you are human and well...just show some respect to your parents...guess what?...they were your age once and made all the same mistakes...

Jacki Trew... said...

jimi, you are a 50 year old man reading a 17 year old girls crazy rants on the internet. you have no life. therefore, you have no comment

Anonymous said...

oh but you are so wrong jacki...ahem..I am 58..I only read your 17 year old stuff when I remember to do so and that isnt often..I play guitar in a prominent restuarant in Brisbane weekly..I have an interesting job..I have 3 children the youngest of whom is only 19 and we are the best of friends..I do have a life...and an enjoyable one..ok?....so.... hows the stalking these days?...any more body bags in da woods lately?....dont sweat it it Jack..I aint no effin wierdo..just bored enuff to read your stuff..and actually get a laff and sum enjoyment out of it..which means that your "blog" is actually a success....internet wise..

Jacki Trew... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacki Trew... said...

jimi are you by any chance a skitzo? kidding. but not really. i still love you for being my most faithful stalker

Anonymous said...

I probably am a skitzo...neva thought about it but thanx for da compliment...muah!