Thursday, January 31, 2008

Cloverfield

So.
Since I got the day off today (yay for me!!), me and my sister (yes, Catherine, the one who always argues with me. Also referred to on frequent occasions as Cathe or Chate) decided to 'hit up' Macquarie shopping centre and spend some of that money that I'm supposed to be saving in order to travel later this year.
Whatever.
After 2 hours of shopping which mainly consisted of the two of us arguing about whether or not Macquarie shopping centre sucks (Catherine, who attends Macquarie Uni and is a frequent Macquarie shopping centre shopper, knows the crazy layout off by heart, is able to find any shop she wants within 5 minutes, and therefore assumed the position of arguing that Macquarie shopping centre does not suck. In fact she even went so far as to say that it is superior to other nearby shopping centres including Chatswood Westfield. Meanwhile, I, a dedicated Chatswood Westfield shopper, find the twists and turns of Macquarie shopping centre extremely irritating and unnecessary, and always seem to either get lost in the maze of shops, or end up walking around and around in circles for hours on end. Also, that huge sun-dial in the middle? Totally retarded).

Anyway when that got tiring we decided to go see a movie, and had to make a choice between the almost impossibly girly 27 dresses, the super serious yet somehow extremely lame I am legend, or some movie neither of us knew anything about - some 'shrouded-in-mystery' type called Cloverfield.

So, naturally, because we are both idiots with terrible taste in entertainment (hello - we are probably the only two people on earth who watch The Simple Life and enjoy it), we decided to see Cloverfield.
Well shut me up. Because it turned out to be 100% LEGEN - and i hope you're not lactose-intolerant because the last part of this word is - DAIRY.
LEGENDAIRY.
or rather, legendary.
Think Independance Day meets How I Met Your Mother. I KNOW! It's so awesome its redonkulous. AND that Janice Ian chick from Mean Girls is in it. AND there's heaps of explosions and surround sound. could this movie BE any better?
???
no.
no it could not.
so you should all go see it.
and thank me for suggesting it to you.
and then join me in my quest to contact the writers and ask them why its called Cloverfield.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i loved cloverfield too! so good.