Sunday, February 14, 2010

An Orgy Of Hollywood's Finest

Alright, so I know I said my Valentine's Day plans pretty much consisted of TV, expensive soft cheeses and not having to get dressed, but I lied.
That is how I spent most of today, but at around 4 this afternoon I decided to get off my ass and go 'celebrate' with Sair, Lauren, Gem and Casey. We went to the movies to see - you guessed it - Valentine's Day.
Alright.
What is it with this movie? It's like an orgy of Hollywood's finest. Julia Roberts, Bradley Cooper, George Lopez, Jennifer Garner, Jessica Biel, Patrick Dempsey, Ashton Kutcher, Topher Grace, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Alba, Queen Latifah...there are more A-listers starring than there were people in the cinema! It's like trying to watch 18 movies at once! And I don't wanna have to try and concentrate on that many storylines - I just wanna do what all single people go to the movies to do: sit on my ass, drink coffee and glare resentfully at the couple making out in front.
Ugh.
People in movie theatres. Or to be more specific, people in movie theatres on Valentine's Day. Here's what annoys me: Every time someone famous/hot/semi-naked appeared on screen, the whole audience would gasp. Loudly. REALLY loudly. What is wrong with these people? Is it really that much of a surprise to see Taylor Lautner? Did they not know what movie they'd paid to see? Is Hoyts offering some sort of mystery lucky-dip ticket system these days? Arghhh!
Speaking of Hoyts movie tickets, I'd like to know when it became acceptable to charge $18.50 for one.
$18.50. For one movie ticket. Are they kidding?! I could MAKE a movie for less than that amount! Not really, but you know what I mean. No wonder the pirated DVD industry is booming.

Truth, however? Putting aside the fact that I'm obviously destined to be lonely, bitter and obsessed with cats for the rest of my life, it's actually a pretty good movie. After all, how could I not enjoy something starring both McDreamy and McSteamy? 3 stars.

No comments: